We are happy to announce 30 scholarships funded by the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the Republic of Uganda for Second Year students (both males & females) offering various programmes Makerere University for the 2023/2024 Academic Year.
Please Note: There are NO fees charged at any application stage.
The Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Uganda has offered Makerere University 30 scholarships to be awarded to Second year students offering various programmes in all the Colleges at Makerere University for the Academic Year 2023/2024. These scholarships shall be administered by the Gender Mainstreaming Directorate, Makerere University.
Scholarship applicants should meet the following criteria:
- a) Should be already a student of Makerere University in their second year, semester one, 2023/2024 academic year
- b) Should have a minimum CGPA of 2.80 and above based on 2022/2023 semester one results
- c) Student should be from a genuinely disadvantaged socio-economic background.
- d) Those not admitted on Uganda Government sponsorship to any public university.
- e) Those who do not hold any other scholarship e.g. District Scholarship, etc.
- f) Must be willing to participate in a selection process as shall be determined by the Selection Committee
Your application should contain the following;
- a) A copy of the original admission letter
- b) A cover letter indicating why you are the best candidate suitable for this scholarship
- c) A fully completed application form
- d) Approved academic results for Year One, 2023/2023 Academic Year
- e) Photocopies of ‘O’ and ‘A’ level Academic Documents
- f) Two Passport photographs
- g) In case of deceased parents, copies of death certificate(s)
- h) A hand drawn physical map of LC I /Village of residence with clear directions of how to get to the home of residence from the nearest main road (indicate approximate distances in kilometers).
The scholarship covers tuition and functional fees only. The candidate should have the capacity to cover the other expenses related to their studies. This scholarship is for one year renewable depending on availability of funds.
Interested and eligible applicants should pick application forms from and submit the completed applications form to Room 402 Senate Building, Level 4, Gender Mainstreaming Directorate, by Friday 15th September 2023 at 5:00pm.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
FEMALE STUDENTS AND STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Euzobia M. Mugisha Baine (PhD) DIRECTOR