In 2010 Makerere University established a Fees-Waiver Scholarship Scheme managed by the Gender Mainstreaming Directorate. The Scheme supports academically bright female students from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds to study various undergraduate degree programmes at Makerere University. The scholarship is administered by waiving off tuition and functional fees ONLY for the duration of study programmes of the scholarships beneficiaries. The applicant must be able to meet other costs by herself (for their feeding, accommodation and other learning necessities required by the university) for the duration of the scholarship and study period.
The Gender Mainstreaming Directorate is pleased to announce 40 Fees Waiver scholarships for the academic year 2021/2022. All Programmes in the 10 colleges of Makerere University are eligible for this scholarship support and each College has four slots.
Scholarship applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Should be female of Ugandan Nationality
- Should be a first-year student admitted at Makerere University Main Campus for the academic year 2021/2022 under the Direct Entry Scheme, i.e. from A level
- Should be from a genuinely disadvantaged socio-economic background.
- Should not have been admitted on Uganda Government sponsorship to any public university.
- Should not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship e.g. District Scholarship, the Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB)
- Must be willing to participate in a selection process as shall be determined by the Gender Mainstreaming Directorate Scholarship Committee
- Female students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, download the scholarship application form below and fill it in
The deadline is Friday, 28th January 2022 at 5:00 pm.
For more application details and requirements about the scholarship, see the adverts file below: